Policy for Unattended Minors 7-13 years of age or 14-17 years of age without a signed Opt-Out Form.
- Minimum of 7 yrs old and appropriately self-sufficient.
- For your child’s safety please instruct your child to stay seated in their seat. (seat belts available)
- Out of respect for others on the bus please keep activities and speaking at quiet levels. Music and game players need to have headsets and not disturb other passengers.
- Please instruct your child not to disturb the driver while they are operating the bus. If they need to ask questions, please have them ask the driver during stops/breaks.
- There are two restroom breaks. Instruct your child not to wander and be timely.
a. Madras Tiger Mart (Can buy snacks here. Please put trash in wastebasket).
b. Government Camp Rest Area (Bathroom break only.) or Rhododendron DQ.
- Minors that are age 7-13 yrs of age
a. A Parent/Guardian must check in with the driver. To board: the minor needs a minor form filled out (available HERE or from bus driver).
b. Information needed – child’s name, age, specific person’s name picking them up, and a phone number(s) to reach that person (cell phone if possible).
c. If person picking up child is 5 minutes late or more; there is an additional $10.00 handling/sitting fee (Payable when you pick up the child). After 10 minutes the bus will continue on with minor remaining on board in the care of the driver. It is then the responsibility of the Adult picking the child up to arrange to meet the driver at the next stop(s) and make payments.
d. Instruct your child to stay on the bus until the adult has checked in with the driver and signed the pick up portion of the minor form.
e. The designated Adult stated to pick-up the Unaccompanied Minor on the form must sign when picking up the minor. No alternate representatives may be sent without prior arrangement made through the office.
- Return tickets are required for round trips. Help your child develop a plan for the safe keeping of their yellow return ticket. If the ticket is lost, it will cost a one-way fare to get back on the bus. If found, ticket can be used at another time. You may opt to purchase one way tickets so child does not have to keep track of return tickets.
- Please send enough activities, snacks, water, etc. to keep your child well cared for and entertained quietly. Remind them to put all trash in its proper place.
- Disruptive or incorrigible minors may be removed from the bus and/or banned from riding in the future if they can not conduct themselves properly.
Unattended Minors 14-17 years of age may have an Opt-Out Section of the form signed and kept on file for up to one year from the date of travel.