Frequently Asked Questions
The carrier has buses that are wheelchair accessible–with advanced reservations. For more details, see Reasonable accommodations.
All buses are equipped with air conditioning. Please let your driver know if the temperature is uncomfortable.
Alcohol, Tobacco Products or Drugs on the Bus
Our route buses are Alcohol, Tobacco & Drug free. Passengers are not allowed to use any of these products in any form on the bus. For complete details see our Policy.
Arrival & Departures: Does the bus arrive and depart on time?
Actual arrival times may vary at some bus stops depending on roads, weather, and traffic conditions on the day you travel. Even if a bus arrives in Portland late, the bus will usually still depart on time from the Amtrak station for the return trip to Bend. See our Schedule and Rider Policies / Rider’s Guide pages for complete details.
Bad Weather and Road Conditions
Our drivers are experienced in all kinds of weather. If needed, our buses have chains and our drivers will use them. We do very well with the things we can control; however, adverse weather, road construction, and traffic will cause delays. See our Schedule page for complete details.
Cancelling or Changing or Rescheduling Your Ticket
Refundable ticket. Ticket must be changed or cancelled at least 10 minutes before scheduled departure time to keep from having a forfeiture. $20.00 fee if moving/changing/or cancelling your ticket within 24 hours before your departure time.
This is a 100% – Non-refundable ticket. Ticket must be moved at least 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time with a $20.00 fee. After that it is a forfeiter of the ticket.
At the DOOR/WALK-ON TICKET:
Purchased from the driver at the door of the Bus. No refunds no changes.
Passengers not traveling need to call the office (after hours a message can be left as our phone system dates and time stamps the call) a minimum of 5 minutes before their scheduled departure time or they will be counted as a no show). Seats left unclaimed 5 minutes before a scheduled departure time may be sold to Walk-on Passengers.
See our Policies page for complete details.
Discount (Economy) tickets are available on-line or for an extra $2.00 convenience fee you can book your ticket with our reservationist.
We still offer a smaller fee for Seniors, Military and Children 2-10 years of age.
Military must present a Military or Veteran ID Card to the bus driver
Coming Soon – Promo Codes. Watch our Facebook page for more information.
When is Holiday Season?
Please see our Policy for details.
Fees You May Incur including Bikes (must be boxed and other fees)
Cancellation, Changes and No Show Fees
Cancelling or changing a ticket within 24 hours (48 hours during the Holiday Season) of the departure time will be charged a $20.00 late cancellation fee per ticket.
Passengers not traveling need to call the office (after hours a message can be left as our phone system dates and time stamps the call) a minimum of 5 minutes before their scheduled departure time or they will be counted as a no show). Seats left unclaimed 5 minutes before a scheduled departure time may be sold. See our Policies page for complete details.
Other Fees including but not limited to Bikes, extra bags
You could be charged more than 1 of these fees for the same luggage item. Please claim your luggage items when making your reservation.
$10.00 each occurrence
- Extra luggage items beyond what your ticket type allows.
- Items sticking out of your baggage
- Golf bags
- Skis, ski boots, snowboards, skateboards, etc.
- Extra bags
- Items larger than 62 linear inches
- Bikes (must be either boxed or bagged for travel) – Please declare all bikes in the SSR (special service request) on your reservation
- Any items weighing over 50 lbs.
See our Policy page for complete details.
What is a Flag Stop?
Flag stops are stops that are not regular scheduled stops.
Do I need a Reservation for a Flag Stop?
Yes, without a reservation the bus will not stop at a flag stop. Reservations must be made a minimum of 17 hours in advance. More time is recommended during high volume time and the Holiday Season.
Flag stops are marked and flagged on our Schedule.
Food and Beverages
Snacks and covered non-alcoholic beverages are allowed on the bus. Responsible snacking of food and non-alcoholic beverages is allowed. A trash can is provided for your garbage.
See individual ticket type for the number of luggage Items allowed for that ticket at no additional fees.
- Economy – 1 item in the luggage compartment and 1 carry-on
- Premium – 2 items in the luggage compartment and 1 carry-on
- At The Door/Walk-on – 1 item in the luggage compartment and 1 carry-on
Each luggage item must be no larger than 62 linear inches (length + width + height) (average suitcase) or there would be additional fees. See the Rider’s Policy page for any additional charges.
Luggage Items with things tied, taped or sticking out will be charged for extra luggage.
You must tag ALL your luggage items with your name and phone number. Luggage Items are not checked by the Central Oregon Breeze.
Passengers are responsible for claiming their luggage Items right away. Do not delay.
The Central Oregon Breeze is not responsible for any lost or stolen, or misplaced luggage/personal items stored in the luggage area, carry-on area or at your seat. You may call the office to see if your item has been turned in (541-389-7469)
- Online: Credit/Debit Card.
- With a Reservationist: Credit/Debit card or mail check to office. Checks must be received in our office at least 2 weeks before your travel date
- At the bus – bring exact cash or use credit card that will be phoned into the office. See our Rider’s Policy page for complete details. Note: you cannot purchase an Economy Ticket or a Premium ticket from the bus driver. Only ticket available at the Bus Door is an At the Door/Walk-on ticket. Note there may a difference in price and or amenities.
Pets: Can I Travel With My Pet Along?
There is a $5.00 fee for pets. Pets that are 15 lbs. and under can travel with an owner, by reservation for a $5.00 fee. Pets must have a carrier. Because additional guidelines DO apply, please see our Policy page for complete details.
See Rider Policy / Rider’s Guide Reasonable Accommodations Policy for complete details.
Refunds are accredited according to Merchant Account policy. See our Rider’s Policy page for complete details.
Reservations: Do I Need to Plan Ahead?
- All Flag stops require a reservation for the bus to stop. See our Rider’s Policy ticket section for complete details.
- Reservations are required to guarantee seating; NOTE: you have a guaranteed seat if you have purchased a Premium or an Economy Ticket. Online reservations need to be made a minimum of 17 hours in advance. We recommend purchasing tickets 2 weeks ahead to ensure seating. Payment is due at the time the reservation is made.
- At the Door/Walk-on Tickets (DOOR Tickets) are available from the bus driver based on seats available at the time of boarding for regular stops. Not available for Flag Stops.
We have two restroom breaks (approx. every 1 to 2 hours). These stops are two, quick 10 minute breaks. We ask our customers to please help us stay on time with the schedule. Use restrooms first then you may purchase a snack (if stopping at DQ – Do not order anything off the grill).
Our 25 passenger bus are most often used on the route and do have seatbelts. The larger buses do not have seatbelts available and are not required.
Service animals are permitted in accordance with ADA. Please let us know at the time of booking. Service animals are required to follow all ADA rules and recommendations.
Tickets: Where do I Purchase Them?
- On-line reservations can be made 17 hours prior to your departure time via cobreeze.com
- Call for reservations at 541-389-7469 during our regular office hours.
- ECONOMY TICKET
- Booked on line – NOT AVAILABLE 17 hours before departure time.
- Reservationist assisted adds a $2.00 convenience fee at the time of booking. NOT AVAILABLE 17 hours before departure time after office hours.
- ECONOMY TICKET
- PREMIUM TICKET
- Booked on line – not available 17 hours before departure time.
- Reservationist assisted – Not available after office hours or 30 minutes before Route Departure.
- NOT AVAILABLE from the bus driver
- PREMIUM TICKET
- At the DOOR/WALK-on TICKET
- No previous booking is available
- Purchased from the bus driver only
- This ticket is limited to the purchase of one-way only
- At the DOOR/WALK-on TICKET
Passengers using a voucher to book their reservation need to remember the following guidelines.
- Vouchers have an expiration date on them. You must book the reservation before that date.
- When using the voucher, you have to use the voucher number to book. We do not keep track of the voucher numbers as they are treated the same as cash.
- There is no cash value to a voucher. They cannot be exchanged for a refund.
- Vouchers that are scheduled may be moved to another date. Once a voucher is cancelled it cannot be used again. Passengers that no show will forfeit that voucher.
See Payments in the Rider Policy.
How Do I Purchase a Ticket
Guarantee your seats by purchasing them in advance. Here are the three ways we sell adult tickets. Children’s tickets must be purchased through our office.
What Does A Ticket Cost?
When Does the Bus Travel?
- See Schedule
- 362 days a year – no buses available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Where Does the Bus Travel?
We operate a regular route between Bend and the Portland area. We travel over Highway 26. We have stops that connect with the MAX line in the Portland area, flights out of Portland, as well as a stop at the Amtrak station (putting you about 300 feet from the Greyhound Station as well as downtown Portland).
The Best Travel Link Between Central Oregon & Portland Airport, Downtown, Amtrak, and the MAX