Frequently Asked Questions
The carrier has buses that are wheelchair accessible–with advanced reservations. For more details, see Reasonable accommodations.
All buses are equipped with air conditioning. Please let your driver know if the temperature is uncomfortable.
Alcohol, Tobacco Products or Drugs on the Bus
Our route buses are Alcohol, Tobacco & Drug free. Passengers are not allowed to use any of these products in any form on the bus. For complete details see our Policy.
Arrival & Departures: Does the bus arrive and depart on time?
Actual arrival times may vary at some bus stops depending on roads, weather, and traffic conditions on the day you travel. Even if a bus arrives in Portland late, the bus will usually still depart on time from the Amtrak station for the return trip to Bend. See our Schedule and Rider Policies / Rider’s Guide pages for complete details.
Bad Weather and Road Conditions
Our drivers are experienced in all kinds of weather. If needed, our buses have chains and our drivers will use them. We do very well with the things we can control; however, adverse weather, road construction, and traffic will cause delays. See our Schedule page for complete details.
Cancelling or Changing or Rescheduling Your Ticket
Cancellations and changes made to a reservation 24 hours before the scheduled departure time will be charged a $20.00 fee per ticket; or (48 hours during the Holiday Season).
Passengers that do not show will forfeit their ticket. Passengers that have not called our office a minimum of 5 minutes before the scheduled departure time will be considered a no show and the bus driver may sell their seat. See our Policies page for complete details.
Discount tickets are available for:
- Minors under the age of 18 yrs. of age
- Veterans with a valid ID
- Children 10 and under traveling with an adult.
Coming Soon – Promo Codes. Watch our Facebook page for more information.
When is Holiday Season?
Please see our Policy for details.
Fees You May Incur including Bikes (must be boxed and other fees
Cancellation, Changes and No Show Fees
Cancelling or changing a ticket within 24 hours (48 hours during the Holiday Season) of the departure time will be charged a $20.00 late cancellation fee per ticket.
Passengers not traveling need to call the office (after hours a message can be left as our phone system dates and time stamps the call) a minimum of 5 minutes before their scheduled departure time or they will be counted as a no show). Seats left unclaimed 5 minutes before a scheduled departure time may be sold. See our Policies page for complete details.
Other Fees including but not limited to Bikes, extra bags
You could be charged more than 1 of these fees for the same bag.
$5.00 each occurrence
- Golf bags
- Extra bags
- Bags larger than 62 linear inches
- Bikes (must be either boxed or bagged for travel) – Please declare all bikes in the SSR (special service request) on your reservation
- Any bag weighing over 50 lbs.
See our Policy page for complete details.
What is a Flag Stop?
Flag stops are stops that are not regular scheduled stops.
Do I need a Reservation for a Flag Stop?
Yes, without a reservation the bus will not stop at a flag stop. Reservations must be made a minimum of 17 hours in advance. More time is recommended during high volume time and the Holiday Season.
Flag stops are marked and flagged on our Schedule.
Food and Beverages
Snacks and covered non-alcoholic beverages are allowed on the bus. Responsible snacking of food and non-alcoholic beverages is allowed. A trash can is provided for your garbage.
Passengers are allowed up to 2 bags (62 linear inches each), and a small carry on. See the Rider’s Policy page for any additional charges.
You must tag your luggage with your name and phone number. Bags are not checked by the Central Oregon Breeze.
The Central Oregon Breeze is not responsible for any lost or misplaced luggage/bags, or personal items. You may call the office to see if your item has been turned in (1-800-847-0157).
- Reservations made online may be paid for with Visa or Master Card.
- Reservations made in the Bend office may be paid with Visa, Master Card or Cash.
- At the bus, passengers may pay with exact cash or with Visa or Master Card. See our Rider’s Policy page for complete details.
Pets: Can I Travel With My Pet Along?
Pets that are 15 lbs. and under are allowed to travel with an owner by reservation. Because additional guidelines DO apply, please see our Policy page for complete details.
See Rider Policy / Rider’s Guide Reasonable Accommodations Policy for complete details.
Refunds are accredited according to Merchant Account policy. See our Rider’s Policy page for complete details.
Reservations: Do I Need to Plan Ahead?
- Reservations are required to guarantee seating. Online reservations need to be made a minimum of 17 hours in advance. We recommend 2 weeks to ensure seating. Payment is due at the time the reservation is made.
- Walk-ons are welcomed based on seat availability at the time of boarding.
- All Flag stops require a reservation for the bus to stop. See our Rider’s Policy ticket section for complete details.
We have two restroom breaks (approx. every 1 to 2 hours). These stops are two, quick 10 minute breaks. We ask our customers to please help us stay on time with the schedule. Use restrooms first then you may purchase a snack (if stopping at DQ – Do not order anything off the grill).
Our 25 passenger bus are most often used on the route and do have seatbelts. The larger buses do not have seatbelts available and are not required.
Service animals are permitted in accordance with ADA. Please let us know at the time of booking. Service animals are required to follow all ADA rules and recommendations.
Tickets: Where do I Purchase Them?
Passengers using a voucher to book their reservation need to remember the following guidelines.
- Vouchers have an expiration date on them. You must book the reservation before that date.
- When using the voucher, you have to use the voucher number to book. We do not keep track of the voucher numbers as they are treated the same as cash.
- There is no cash value to a voucher. They cannot be exchanged for a refund.
- Vouchers that are scheduled may be moved to another date. Once a voucher is cancelled it cannot be used again. Passengers that no show will forfeit that voucher.
See Payments in the Rider Policy.
How Do I Purchase a Ticket
Guarantee your seats by purchasing them in advance. Here are the three ways we sell adult tickets. Children’s tickets must be purchased through our office.
What Does A Ticket Cost?
When Does the Bus Travel?
- See Schedule
- 362 days a year – no buses available on Thanksgiving Day, Christmas Day and New Year’s Day.
Where Does the Bus Travel?
We operate a regular route between Bend and the Portland area. We travel over Highway 26. We have stops that connect with the MAX line in the Portland area, flights out of Portland, as well as a stop at the Amtrak station (putting you close to the Greyhound bus station as well as downtown Portland).
The Best Travel Link Between Central Oregon & Portland Airport, Downtown, Amtrak, and the MAX